Search This Blog

Saturday, 23 January 2016

Family

Hey peeps!
I, secret girl, am going to be writing this post! It's going to be all about family. Without family, we would be no where- really! Families are so important; you can trust they love you. This post reminds me of when I was little, and my mum and I would go through a list of everyone who loves me. Auntie Heather, Uncle Ian, Cousin Sammy, Cousin Will, Grandad Bob, Grandma Emma (All made up names!). The list is never-ending. When you go to sleep tonight, think of a list of people who love you. It's positive, uplifting and comforting.
One thing that determines the quality of your 'family time' is what you do. Right now, my dad and sister are watching a film about an expedition to  Antarctica, my mum is reading the paper, and I'm sat here in my onesie blogging. As a family, we often watch films together and have meals in the lounge, as well as roasts at the table.
Another thing that will make or break your time together is what you talk about. If you're watching a movie, you obviously can't chat, but over a meal you certainly can! Great topics to chat about include: latest technology and gadgets (my granddad loves it!), your achievements (my family love hearing about what I've been up to recently) or funny moments (laughing and giggles!). Make sure the topic you pick can involve everybody, including younger siblings/cousins/nieces/nephews and older people!
The final thing to discuss is where you host/attend the event. It can make or break the visit, although most places will be fine! Family-friendly pubs, homes and parks (in the summer) all work well. When less people are attending the get-together, picnics in the park are great!
I hope this advice was helpful! Enjoy your time with your family, and treasure it.
Thanks for reading,
1bestie blogging, Secret Girl xxx
(My blog: http://secretgirlsblog.blog.com/ )