I wanted to share some of my favourite hairstyles with you today! I love styling my hair all cute for school- but often I don't have time. I usually opt for a pony-tail, messy bun or French plaits. Here are some of my favourite weekend styles; they each take 10-20 minutes, depending on how experienced you are.
The stretched French plait!
- Plait your hair in a Dutch braid. You can do this in any direction you'd like- diagonal, straight down- how you want. I did mine half up half down. Leave plenty of excess hair at the bottom.
- Stretch out the plait, so it looks messy and Tumblr! Make it wider, so your hair looks thicker.
- Split your hair evenly in two sections. Tie one side into a bunch, so it's our of the way.
- French plait your hair as usual. Do it not too tight, and not too loose! Leave a little extra hair at the bottom.
- Stretch out the bottom of the braid (the bit that isn't attached to the head).
French twist braid
- Take a section from the side of your head.
- Twist the section about 3 times, tightly. Work it around the back of the head.
- Add a few bobby pins, twisting them into the plait, to insure it stays in.
- Allow it to either dangle down the side of your head, or you can carry on with the next steps.
- Continue to twist the plait, but add some hair from above, and secure with a bobby pin.
- Continue to do this around the whole head.
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed! It's quite a big thing for me to upload pictures of myself online, although they're only the back of my head! Hope you liked it,
1 Bestie Blogging xoxo
Secret Girl xxx