Search This Blog

Sunday, 24 January 2016

Take risks!

Hey peeps!
I wanted to share my all-time favourite post with you today, because I worked so hard on it, and it isn't getting many views on my site. To help me get more views, head to the contact page and insert the link for Secret Girl's site into your tool bar. Thanks!
Here's the post...
Hey everybody, As you can see from the title, today’s blog is going to be all about risk taking. Risk taking is something particularly relevant to my life at the moment. I plan this to be a fairly serious essay-style blog, despite it being Friday (It’s my Friday!! My time to party!!! Gonna do it my way!!!! Oh! Oh! Oh!!!!!!!).
Risk taking is something that gets us to where we are. Risk taking is when you step out of your comfort zone, and do something amazing. Stepping out of your comfort zone is one of the bravest things you can do. Trust me here, it’s worth it. If Tyler Oakley hadn’t told the truth, stepping out of his comfort zone to do so, he wouldn’t be a YouTube super-star. If he hadn’t stepped out of his comfort zone, his name wouldn’t ring a bell. It would be another name, among many. Your comfort zone is the area where you feel safe, and warm and fuzzy. Remember, there are times where you should stay in your comfort zone, to relax and chill! This is a great feeling to have! Right now, I’m chilling in my lounge, typing on my laptop, wearing fluffy socks and my onesie. It’s not exactly stepping out of my comfort zone, is it? Not exactly. However, this blog is stepping out of my comfort zone, slightly. Imagine your comfort zone as a circle, in steel, pointed gates. Those gates are hard to get out of, but once you do, you feel terrific. The space outside your comfort zone isn’t limited. It’s like space. There are galaxies filled with opportunities and amazing experiences, but you have to pass the steel gates, trapping you in your limited comfort zone, to get to the good bit. In order to take risks, step out of your comfort zone.
When did you last take a risk? Although trying to make risk-taking sound as easy as possible, it isn’t something you can do with the click of your fingers, or the shake of your head. Risk taking takes passion. You might call picking the tuna ice-cream flavour as a risk- it is. Is it a risk that is forcing you to step out of your comfort zone? No. A risk that will make you happy, and uplift you requires passing the steel gates. Referring to the question I asked, I last took a proper risk when I moved schools. There were numerous cons: What if I hated it there? What if I couldn’t make any friends? What if I threw up? (The vomiting was literally my main concern!) In the end, I did move schools. Yes it was taking a risk. Yes it was stepping out of my comfort zone. Yes I was scared. Looking back on the last paragraph, when I mentioned galaxies filled with opportunities and experiences, I did meet a new world. I love it! (Although I was sick a few times!). The risk was totally worth all the nerves.
Sometimes, risks backfire. Sometimes, people make silly choices. People are entitled to their own opinion, but be careful when you take risks. Although encouraging you to take risks and step out of your comfort zone, sometimes they don’t go quite to plan. For example, the tuna ice-cream you tested might have been disgusting. Or, more seriously, I could have despised my new school. I could have, but I didn’t. It could have gone either way. Whether it went right, or wrong, it was stepping out of my comfort zone. I did gain a new experience, and in this case, it was very successful. When taking risks, my advice is to look at the odds. Are they against you? You can still take the risk, if you choose, but don’t expect it to all be perfect. If risks don’t succeed, you still stepped out of your comfort zone!
There are times when you shouldn’t take risks. For example, if you’re thinking about hurting someone (mentally or physically) just don’t. At other times, do it! Just do it!
I challenge you to wake up tomorrow and step out of your comfort zone. Perhaps, call a friend you haven’t chatted to in ages (this can be very awkward!). Or you could start your own blog! Wouldn’t that be amazing?
Take risks, they always pay off.
Stepping out of my comfort zone,
Secret Girl xxx


I hope you enjoyed this post! I find it so uplifting. For more posts like this, head to my site. Enjoy my other numerous posts!
Thanks,
1 Bestie Blogging xoxo
Secret Girl xxx