Search This Blog

Sunday, 5 June 2016

May Favourites

Hello beauties!
Today's post will be a little different from my other ones because I wanted to try out a commonly usd post/vlog that has been very popular in the past few years. I will be listing several of my favourite beauty buys, an album and a single, a few fashion finds and my new all-time fave book! I hope you all enjoy.
The first thing I want to talk about is makeup; I have bought a few products this month that really suit Spring's cheery, nude theme and want to share them with you. The first is a lovely Revolution palette in Salvation Girl Panic - the colours ranging from nudes to creams to pale pinks and then a few slightly darker shades that would be perfect for parties. It's a complete bargain at £6 and great for everyday use, especially in the holidays. I am seriously in love with it and would definitely recommend to anyone with a similar taste in beauty and makeup. Whilst in Superdrug, I also picked up two gorgeous lip balms by Revolution in the shades Hey Girl and Hush Hush which I am pretty obsessed with. Firstly, they were half price at 50p each which was great for me because I was running low on money after browsing the eye makeup shelves first, and the colours are incredible! Hey Girl is more of a peach colour and looks adorable in the rose gold packaging, whilst Hush Hush is a slightly louder shade and more pink. Again, they are both great and I would recommend. The last thing I bought in Superdrug was the Focus & Fix Liquid Concealer in Fair as it is a great, creamy shade that matches my skin colour pretty perfectly. It's by Revolution and is amazingly priced at £2, and would match any budget of anyone. If you need concealer and want an inexpensive one that will accentuate your skin during the whole year, I would advise buying this one as I love it a lot and will definitely buy it again in the not-so-distant future.
I headed to Boots afterwards and was on the search for a mascara as I have recently thrown away my old Beauty UK one as it dried up and clumped when I applied it to my eyelashes. After browsing Maybelline's aisle, the Rebel Black Big Eyes mascara really stood out. It lengthens and thickens lashes perfectly and looks fabulous with any style. Although it is a bit more expensive, it's a great beauty buy for mascara lovers.
I just had to pick out an adorable new nail polish for Spring and thought Barry M was ideal for nail polish as I love their colours and prices. I chose a pastel pink colour, called In A Flash, which is super pretty and suits Spring's adorable pale mood exactly. I love it and am wearing it right now. It also suits darker skin tones and summer tans, so I plan to wear it throughout Summer as well. After choosing that, I decided on Road Rage, in the same Barry M Speedy Quick Dry range, as its cute sky blue colour also makes me instantly think of Spring. Both of these colours are lush and if you love Spring pastel as much as I do, have a look out for them!
Now onto music. Maybe music can't really suit any season in particular, but as Spring is when the weather starts to get warmer and more bearable here in the UK, it's nice to choose music that will inspire you to get outside and exercise. I am currently trying my best to exercise as much as possible at the moment and be healthier. My favourite album at the moment is Taylor Swift's 1989 as its tunes are all sweet and fun to listen to whilst working out or running (you can read more in my workout post!). For a single, I can't decide between Seven Years Old by Lukas Graham or Love Yourself by Justin Bieber. I feel like both of these are sung really well and especially make you think. Please comment below what your favourite song/album is at the moment and why! That would be great. Below I have included ten of my favourite songs that I have purchased and now play regularly on my iPod for any music lovers looking for some new singles (some of them are pretty old but I have tried to include a few new ones, several old ones and three of my all-time favourite songs):
1. What Do You Mean, Justin Bieber
2. Hello, Adele
3. Wrapped Up, Olly Murs
4. Maps, Maroon 5
5. History, One Direction
6. Stitches, Shawn Mendes
7. Pillowtalk, Zayn Malik
8. Style, Taylor Swift
9. Riptide, Vance Joy
10. Lush Life, Zara Larsson
Hopefully you guys like these as well! Please comment if you do, that would be lovely. Thanks! X
Now, I have picked out my ideal Spring outfit for you all; this suits my style, which is a mix between casual chic and girly glam. It is a gorgeous pink girly T-shirt from New Look with the word SQUAD written across the front, and is completely adorable! You can buy it here. For the bottom half of the outfit, I would wear a pair of limited edition high-waisted leggings that are designed to look like jeans with a sweet light wash effect from River Island; visit their site and view these super-girly leggings here. For shoes, I would personally wear a pair of flat sandals, but I found an amazing pair of heeled white sandals that would match the outfit perfectly from New Look that I just had to show you - see them here. They are plaited and a complete bargain at only £19.99 - head over there now and purchase your own pair!
I also wanted to add in a few gorgeous accessories, so I have made a list of five go-to accessories I am currently loving:
The first is a super-sweet owl necklace from Claire's that I was given last year from an old friend who I haven't seen in ages; she was obsessed with owls and the necklace reminds me of her. If you want a cute, girly pendant to go with almost any outfit, visit it here.
I thought I'd add a purse in as well, as an outfit isn't fully complete without a pretty purse or clutch bag containing whatever you need for the day. Although I am in love with the whole Claire's range at  the moment, my absolute favourite is the Cream and Black Lock Purse for its sophisticated, practical look and the size - it will fit in your pocket, schoolbag, handbag or suitcase and look adorable the whole time. Purchase the purse here.
I have also picked out the cutest new hat EVER - it is a fedora and from River Island. I think it's edgy chic look would suit Spring really well and would be best suited with a plain pair of denim shorts and a sweet tee. View this amazing hat in store here. Hopefully some of you will like it as much as I do - it looks incredible with loose blonde or brown beach waves.
For any readers who are secretly as obsessed with rose gold as I am (and I know it's super hot at the moment) then you will love these rose gold aviator sunglasses. I wear them all the time and love pairing them with a patterned tee and either jeans or denim shorts and a sweet side braid or loose curls. Purchase them here.
Finally, I wanted to talk about my new favourite book. I read a lot and find it really relaxing as a pre-bedtime activity or on holiday as a leisurely pastime. For any of you who share my love of books, I have a new suggestion: Butterfly Summer by Anne-Marie Conway. If you haven't read it, I advise either ordering it or borrowing it as it is incredible and amazingly written. This quick review is totally spoiler-free but prepare for laughs and tears; it's an emotional book.
I hope everyone liked this rather long post (I am aware I have been rambling a bit).
Lots of love,
Besties Blogging xx
(http://breathofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk)